What I'm doing now
I live in Oakland, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Although I am also frequently in Chicago, San Diego, and parts of Alaska.
A couple months ago I quit my job and took some time off to re-evaluate what I care about and how best to use the most productive years of my life.
Before that I spent just under two years working as VP of Growth at Knowi, a SAAS analytics/business intelligence startup.
My priorities and goals:
- Thinking carefully about where I want to be putting my skills and energy.
- Finding smart, clever, motivated people to work with.
- Building my scientific startup growth podcast SciGrowth.
- Doing bespoke growth consulting for a small number of startups.
- Getting better at sleep.
- Spending time with my Boston Terrier pup Octavian.
- Daily meditation
- Intermittent fasting; Learning to enjoy feeling hungry
- Reading more
- Getting back into martial arts.
- Eating lots of boiled potatoes
Things that I think are great
- Live music
- Data & Analytics
- Sleep that is actually restful
Things that I think are a stupid waste of time
- Arguing with people
- Most movies
- Reading (or watching) the news
- Most things that require scrolling
- Most of what marketers and PR people do day-to-day
Last updated: Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 4:03 PM from Chicago IL with Octavian the pup sleeping on my while I type.
This is a Now Page and I will continue to update it as my life and priorities change.